Founded in 1926 – the land was a gift from George Cooper, a local builder who built the Triangle estate. He designated the site for recreational purposes only, initially for the exclusive use of estate residents. In subsequent years this was broadened to a wider population
The site will never be built upon nor its use changed to anything other than recreation. This undertaking is the responsibility of four Trustees who live on the estate
The Club is managed day-to-day by a Management Committee of volunteers working closely with the Trustees and Resident’s Association. It is run on a not-for-profit basis by members for members – the only exception being the bar (which has a paid manager and staff)
In 2002 the Club was granted ‘Community Amateur Sports Club’ status which allows us to take advantage of certain tax breaks including Gift Aid
Over the years improvements have been made to the facilities, notably the installation of floodlights on 4 of the 6 tennis courts and the refurbishment of the lounge bar. In 2018 thanks to a generous donor and two sports-related grants we are refurbishing the changing rooms and kitchen.